Should We Replace Our Heating / Air Conditioning System or Repair?
This is a questions that countless homeowners in the Triad Area ask and for good reason. It can be easy to be talked into an air conditioner or furnace replacement when all you really need is heating or air conditioning repairs in High Point, NC. On the other hand, do you really want to keep sinking money into repairs when replacement would end up saving you money.
It helps to make sure that you work with a reputable and established heating and air conditioning company who can offer honest feedback, as opposed to focusing on trying to upsell you for personal financial gain. However, it is key to know some good indicators that can help you make the decision for yourself.
What You Should Know About Heating & Air Conditioning Repairs and Replacements
Some of the determining factors for figuring out if you should opt for heating/air conditioning repairs or replacement include, but are not limited to:
- Age – Depending on the type of system you have (forced air versus heat pump etc.) the life expectancy can vary. Be aware of what your system's is and plan accordingly. For instance, if it is already past the 10 years that your system was supposed to make it to, it probably makes more sense to replace and not repair.
- Cost – If the cost of your repairs is 50% or greater than the current value of your system it would be more cost-effective to replace. Especially since you will probably still have to sink more money into future repairs.
- Performance – How well does your current system perform? If it is always running and still not providing sufficient warm or cool air then why hold on to it? Especially since this results in costly energy bills each month.
- Energy Efficiency – If it is already time to upgrade your heating and cooling to a more modern and energy efficient unit, now may be the time. The upfront cost of replacement you will see in savings on your monthly utility bills.
- Repair History – If you have already invested a lot of time, money and effort into constantly repairing your system then it could be a good idea to make the switch to something new.
- Moving Soon – This could go either way. If you are moving soon then you may not want to invest into a new heater or air conditioner. However, it may end up being a stipulation of something you are asked to do by a potential buyer in order to make the sale go through.
Choose the Right Team
By making it a point to partner with the pros at Earnhardt Heating & Cooling Inc. you can feel confident that you will get the service you deserve. Our goal is to provide you with superior quality workmanship and customer care.
Having been around since 1994, we are not in the business of focusing on anything other than 100% customer satisfaction. So give us a call today and let us help you understand your options and assist in you in making the best choice possible for your individual situation. Whether it's a furnace replacement or air conditioning repairs in High Point, NC, we'll give you an honest evaluation of your indoor comfort needs and deliver top quality results.